Nervous that your child is going to be on the road for the first time by themselves? Want to make sure they are driving the safest vehicle possible? Buying a new or used car and interested in the safest vehicles on the road right now? Wrench is here to provide you with a list of cars that have been rated highly for safety features and are best suited for young or new drivers. At Wrench, your safety is our top priority, and we want you to feel comfortable in whatever vehicle you choose. If you have decided to pass down an older vehicle to your new driver or want reassurance that your vehicle is safe to drive, schedule an appointment with a Wrench mobile technician today. Our ASE-certified technicians will be able to run a full diagnostic check and determine if and what services need to be performed to get your car running at the top of its game. If you are in the market for a new car, Wrench is here to provide you with some great suggestions on the best cars for new drivers.
Get a free quote
- Honda Fit. This is one of the most affordable cars on the market right now and is also one of the safest. With safety features including a backup camera, emergency automatic braking, and blind spot sensors, the Honda Fit has everything a new car owner needs. Additionally, it has great gas mileage, which will save you a lot of money down the road (pun intended).
- Honda Civic. This is another great option for new drivers and you cannot go wrong with either a new model or a relatively new used model because it is a reliable car with readily available parts should anything happen. The Civic is slightly larger for the Fit if you are looking for a car with a little bit more room, but it also has great safety features and gets decent mileage. If you are looking to buy used, the 2018 model received top marks from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for its anti-lock brakes, stability control system, and impressive air bags, among other features.
- Toyota Prius. This model is consistently a top safety pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) because of its braking systems, vehicle stability control, and emergency braking assistance. The Prius is affordable and a hybrid, which makes it extremely fuel efficient and better for the environment. Models newer than 2012 automatically come with a backup camera if you are looking to buy used. NOTE: When buying a used car, it is extremely important to ask about the safety features specifically and not assume anything because sometimes the model will not come with the add-ons that you think it does.
- Mazda 3. This stylish and affordable model is another great pick for new drivers because it comes with all of the best safety features at a great price. It is on the smaller side but is easy to maneuver while still feeling in complete control. A bonus is it comes in both the sedan or hatchback model if you are looking for a more unique design.
- Volkswagen Jetta. The 2020 Jetta comes with a plethora of features that will put the parents of any new driver at ease. Ranging from a state of the art navigation system to a parking aid to adaptive cruise control, it is no surprise that the U.S. News and World Report named this car one of the best new cars for teen drivers.
- Toyota RAV4. If you are looking for something a little bigger, the RAV4 is the car for you. You would be pressed to find a compact SUV with better safety features than this one and its side and ruggedness make it the perfect choice for any type of driving. The RAV4 is equipped to handle city driving, an off the beaten path camping trip, or a move across the country. If you are a new driver looking for a car that can handle whatever life throws at you, the Toyota RAV4 is the answer.
We hope that you feel better equipped to make a decision about a car for the new driver on the road. This is a very exciting time and it is important to feel good about such a significant purchase. If you are leaning more towards purchasing a used car as a new driver, Wrench is here to help. Remember that buying the car is only the first step; car maintenance is just as important. Keeping the car running smoothly is the best way to ensure that your new driver is safe on the road, so stay up-to-date on the maintenance schedule in the owner’s manual and schedule an appointment with a Wrench mobile technician if you sense that something might not be quite right. If you have any other questions about our services or using Wrench during a global pandemic, feel free to talk to our customer service team through email, at email@example.com, or by phone, at 844-997-3624.
Get a free quote