Not only is owning a car expensive, but gas is not cheap either. It may feel like there is no way to avoid ever-increasing gas prices, but Wrench has put together a list of things you can do to increase fuel efficiency and save money on gas. Most involve properly taking care of your car, so if it is time for a routine check-up, schedule an appointment with a Wrench mobile technician today. Being kind to your car in terms of accelerating, planning, and maintenance will help save a lot of money over time. The best thing you can do is be mindful of the decisions you make when it comes to your car and make sure to show it some love. Use these Wrench tips to maximize fuel efficiency, which will make both you and your car happier on and off the road.
Get a free quote
- Avoid fast starts or stops. Take it easy when braking because more energy is needed to stop the car quickly. The same is true for accelerating; more fuel is used when you hit the gas as opposed to gently coaxing your car up to top speed
- Use the recommended gas for your vehicle. Always going for the cheapest option at the gas station may not actually save you money in the long run. Failing to put premium gas in a car that requires higher quality fuel could result in internal damage over time.
- Be mindful of the weight. If your car is constantly being weighed down by heavy equipment or you are too lazy to take the sandbags out after using them, it can put strain on the engine which will impact the fuel efficiency. Not only will cleaning out your car help you save money on gas but it will also impress your friends.
- Keep tires properly inflated and aligned. There should be a sticker on your vehicle’s door that specifies the correct pressure for your tires. Keeping your tires properly inflated will help avoid drag and increase fuel efficiency. It is also a good idea to check your tire treads regularly because these can impact how hard your engine has to work. For more information on how to tell if it is time for new tires, click here.
- Don’t skimp when it comes to oil changes. Get your oil changed regularly and be mindful of the kind of oil you are putting in your car. If the vehicle manufacturer recommends a certain type, it is in your best interest to do what it says. There are tests that are done to determine which oil is best for each car, so do some research before you commit to a certain type. Schedule an oil change with a Wrench mobile technician to ensure that you are getting top quality oil and labor so that you do not have to worry about harming your car.
- Replace the air filter. This is something that many car owner’s forget about, but it is a simple maintenance task that can save you a lot of money. Changing this regularly will increase your vehicle’s efficiency when drawing in air from the environment. If it is clogged with dust or grime, the engine has to work harder to get clean air to mix with the fuel. Replacing the air filter is one of the easiest ways to significantly increase fuel efficiency.
- Plan your trips. Avoid making unnecessary stops or taking the longer route if you are really trying to save money on gas. Do some research to determine the fastest way to get to your destination and make sure that there are gas stations along the way if it is a longer trip.
- Use cruise control. If you are on a longer highway drive, utilize cruise control to minimize speed fluctuations.
- Avoid idling. Cars guzzle gas when left idling, but not nearly as much when turned off and on, so try to avoid leaving your car running for longer than a minute or two. Turn your car off even if you will need to start it again shortly after.
- Perform regular car maintenance. Keeping your car up-to-date on its maintenance schedule will help avoid issues that could impact fuel efficiency. Schedule an appointment with a Wrench mobile technician today if you feel like you are behind on vehicle maintenance.
Hopefully you have learned something about maximizing fuel efficiency and saving money on gas. You are in full control of your vehicle and everything you do to it, so you might as well take the necessary steps to save some extra cash. Not only will your wallet thank you, but your car will last longer. If you have further questions about our services or using Wrench during a global pandemic, feel free to talk to our customer service team through email, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, at 844-997-3624.
Get a free quote