Happy New Year! The start of a new year is always exciting and is a great time to set goals and form new habits. If you are not sure where to start, Wrench is here to help! We have compiled some of our best car tips for you to take into the new year to ensure that you minimize all vehicle-related issues, leaving you with more time to pursue your goals! If you are looking for ways to incorporate your car into your new year’s resolutions, click here. The Wrench blog has many great articles about preparing for any occasion, whether it be the increasingly cold weather, your next ski trip, or the new year in general. We want to make sure that we keeping you up-to-date on the best ways to take care of your car, which is why we have compiled a brand new list of car tips that you can take with you into the new year. If you sense there may be some unresolved issues with your car that you pushed off into the new year, schedule an appointment with Wrench right away to start the year off on a high note. Stick around for more ways to keep your car healthy this year!
Get a free quote
- Catch up on maintenance. The beginning of the year is a great time to take care of any maintenance issues that you may have neglected last year. Every car’s owner’s manual has a detailed schedule for keeping your car healthy, and it is in your best interest to stick to it. If you have been pushing off an oil change because you feel like you are not driving as much as usual, get that taken care of. The maintenance schedule is not something that is open for interpretation - the manufacturer has your best interests in mind when they recommend how often your car should be serviced. Schedule an appointment with Wrench today if you discover that you may have fallen behind. Once you book your first service with us, we can help you stay on top of your maintenance for years to come.
- Check your tire pressure. As we said, the start of a new year is a great time to form new habits and this is a perfect place to start. Get in the habit of regularly checking your tire pressure by cross-referencing it with the sticker on the inside of your car door. Not only will this prolong the life of your tires, but it can also improve fuel efficiency and save you money on gas. Cold weather constricts the air in your tires, causing them to deflate more than usual, so right now is an especially good time to pay attention to the pressure and fill up your tires if necessary. Wondering why the tire pressure light comes on when it is cold outside? We’ve got you covered.
- Rotate your tires. On the topic of tires, another useful trick for extending their life is rotating them every 5,000 to 10,000 miles, or however often the owner’s manual specifies. Often times two tires will get more wear and tear than the other two, so rotating them every so often will ensure that the tire treads wear down evenly. If you sense that your tires are not working properly or you cannot remember how long you have had them, this might be a good sign that it is time for new tires. There’s no time like the present!
- Give your car a good clean. It has been said that a productive life starts with a clean room, and the same thing goes for your car. Starting off your day by jumping into a dirty car could be discouraging, so do yourself a favor and scrub down your car. Clean out the trash, dirty clothes, and empty water bottles from the backseat and stop by the car wash on your way home from work - you won’t regret it!
- Drive safe! This may seem obvious, but the start of the year is a great time to remind yourself how to practice defensive driving and stay safe on the road. Owning and driving a car is a huge responsibility and one that should not be taken lightly. Make sure you feel safe getting into your car and inspect anything that seems problematic. Stay focused when you are on the road and regularly inspect your car for anything out of the ordinary.
With these Wrench tips, you can handle anything the year has in store. At Wrench, your safety is our top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our blog with articles on how to be the world’s best car owner. You do not want to miss any other great Wrench tips, so be sure to stay tuned for the next one! Maybe you are using these tips to get your car ready to sell this year. We can help you out with that! Wrench has lots of advice on whether it is the right time to buy a used car, what to look for, and how to avoid a bad deal. Wrench is also excited to announce that we recently acquired Lemon Squad, a national car inspection company that makes the used car buying process easier than ever before. Head over to the Lemon Squad website for more information! If you have any other questions about using Wrench or Lemon Squad for any of your car service-related needs, do not hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 844-997-3624.Get a free quote