Rainstorms can come out of nowhere and it is important to be prepared for them, whether you are accustomed to this weather or not. We have all been in situations where we encounter something while driving that we are not used to, and it is essential to be educated on how to drive safely when this happens. If you find yourself in a position where you are questioning the safety of your vehicle, you can turn to a Wrench mobile mechanic for help. At Wrench we prioritize convenience, and our mobile mechanics can come directly to your door to determine the best steps to take to ensure your safety on the road, regardless of the weather.
Get a free quote
- Always have your headlights on. Regardless of the time of day, having your headlights on will increase visibility and make it easier to see your surroundings. If you have a headlight out, it is crucial that you get this fixed by a Wrench mobile mechanic.
- Avoid driving with old tires or brakes. It is important to take good care of your tires and replace them often. If you are unsure about the state of your tires, a Wrench mobile mechanic can come to your house, complete a diagnosis, and replace your tires if they are nearing the end of their life. The same goes for brakes; it is necessary to get regular brake checks or you could be putting yourself or others in danger. Having great tires and brakes will help you avoid hydroplaning in a heavy rainstorm. If you find yourself skidding or hydroplaning, ease your foot off of the gas pedal and steer where you wish to go.
- Have good wipers - before the rain starts. Take precautionary measures and replace your wipers before you encounter bad weather. It is also good to check your wiper fluid frequently.
- Make sure your air conditioning is working. Rain and humidity (especially together) can cause the windows and windshields to fog up on the inside of the car, making it very difficult to see. If your AC is broken, it will be unable to defrost, which could put you in extreme danger. But don’t worry, our mobile mechanics will come to your rescue! Schedule an appointment with Wrench to get your AC system replaced.
- Drive slowly and keep your eyes peeled! When in doubt, slow down or pull over and wait for the rain to clear. Keep you eyes on the road and be aware that other drivers are experiencing the same conditions as you.
The most important thing to remember is: the more confidence you have in the safety of your vehicle, the safer you will be as a driver!
Get a free quote