Buying a car, whether it is new or used, is a big deal and it is crucial to dedicate the appropriate amount of time to the process to ensure you get the best deal possible. If you have decided that a used car is the right choice for you, it is extremely important that you do not cut corners, or you risk putting a lot of money into it down the road (pun intended).
Get a free quote
Head over to our blog post titled “Used Cars: What to Look For” for advice on how to find the best used car for you. It is critical that you ask the seller for a detailed service history, take it for a test drive, and get the vehicle inspected by an unaffiliated mechanic. If a seller refuses any of these things, this may be a sign that the car is a lemon (a car with manufacturing problems or defects that affect its safety). While you should get the service history and test drive every car you are interested in, you should only pay to have a car inspected if you are serious about buying, because this is a cost that will come out of your pocket. Some dealerships are hesitant about letting you drive their car off the lot to get it inspected at an auto shop, which is why Wrench is the perfect choice for a used car inspection. Our mobile technicians can come to a dealership or residence (if the car is privately owned) and conduct an inspection onsite. Mobile technicians are a great solution because the car does not have to move, and Wrench is available on short notice so that you do not have to keep the seller waiting around.
If you have found a used car that you really like and are ready to get it inspected by a Wrench mobile technician, we have compiled a list of questions that you can ask your mechanic in order to maximize your understanding of the inspection and the car.
- Has the car been in an accident before? This is a really important detail that should have been disclosed by the seller, but that a skilled mechanic will be able to tell by looking at the car. If the car has been in an accident, it may not have all of its original parts and could be susceptible to more work in the future. The mechanic should be able to tell you exactly what kind of accident the car was in, which can help you determine the amount of money you may have to put into it.
- How can I distinguish one car from another if they drive the same? A Wrench mechanic will be able to tell you what is going on inside the car that may cause the price to be either higher or lower than a similar model. This can be extremely helpful because it can help you avoid overpaying for a car that might feel like it drives well but has some issues under the hood.
- Is there anything that should be fixed before I buy this car? If there is a repair that really should be done before the car is bought and driven, your mechanic will be able to tell you this. You may be able to negotiate with the seller and have them help pay for the service before you purchase the car.
- What services are most important to get done if I go through with purchasing this car? If one of our mobile technicians conducts a used car inspection, they will be able to tell you all of the work that should be done to your car in the near future. This may include small things like getting the oil changed or wiper fluid replaced, but they can also tell you how many miles you have left before you should replace the tires or the brake pads. Getting the car inspected will help you get an idea for how much money you will have to put into the car post-purchase.
- Can you create a maintenance plan so that I properly take care of my car? If a Wrench mobile technician has done a thorough inspection and determined that the car is in good shape to buy and you go through with the sale, they can help create a maintenance plan for you to ensure that you stay up to date on maintenance and repairs for your new vehicle. One of the best things you can do to prolong your vehicle’s life is to follow a maintenance plan and not cut corners when it comes to repairs.
We are so committed to constantly improving our used car inspection services that we have acquired a company of used car inspection professionals called Lemon Squad. Lemon Squad has been an independent company perfecting their used car inspection services, so now when you book an appointment with Lemon Squad, you will be getting the safe care and customer service as you would get with a Wrench mobile mechanic. To learn more about Lemon Squad and our used car inspections services for all kinds of vehicles, click here!
At Wrench, your safety is our top priority, which is why we highly recommend scheduling a used car inspection with us before you purchase your next used car. Getting the car inspected before purchase will help guarantee that you and your vehicle live a long and happy life together. If you have found a car that you think you love, schedule an appointment today at http://wrench.com/services/. Buying a car is an exciting new chapter of your life, and Wrench is happy to be a part of the process!
Get a free quote